in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- At least two independent experts not affiliated with the department are chosen to review each submitted article
- In case of publications written in a foreign language, at least one of the experts has to be affiliated with a foreign institution from a different country than the author of the article.
- The recommended model of reviewing is a double-blind process, in which author(s) and reviewers do not know the identity of one another.
- If a double-blind process is inapplicable, the reviewer is obliged to sign a declaration confirming the lack of conflict of interests. Conflict of interests is understood as:
- direct personal relations (kinship, legal relations, conflict),
- professional subordination,
- direct scientific cooperation two years prior the preparation of the review.
- The review must be delivered in a written form and end with an unambiguous conclusion whether the article should be published or rejected.
- The rules of acceptance or rejection as well as the review form are displayed for all viewers on the website of the Publishing House or the journal or in each issue of the journal.
- The names of the reviewers of the particular publications/issues are not revealed. Once a year the journal makes the list of collaborating reviewers public.